Sunday, May 17, 2009

Work, the song ruiner

Now there are a lot of reasons that I hate work; the fact that I have to do something on my Sunday afternoons, the concept that I have to be nice to annoying little kids and the notion that I work with a lot of freaks are all problems. But today I was confronted with one of my greatest problem yet.
Generally speaking, we listen to shit music, can you say techno? Anyway, with a shift in Sunday management as of late, we have gotten into much better music and we currently listen to Sirius Hits 1, which is tite because that's the type of music I listen to in the car and stuff. However, when hour seven or so rolls around and you have listened to Spider Harrison's Weekend Top 45 Countdown twice, it becomes an issue.
Anyway, as I was there I heard the song 'Kiss Me Thru the Phone' approximately 5,000 times, and while I actually enjoy that song normally, Planet X is a song ruiner. For instance, I cannot listen to Poker Face ever anymore because I have so many horrific associations with it, aka the thoughts of being at work. Dear God I hope this video is clean...I didn't really watch it, but it seemed like it would be the safest.


And when I got home this evening, I was a little upset because I had Soulja Boy's voice stuck in my head, and I don't do a very good impression, so it was just a problem. Plus, I had to straighten out some of the words, because I made a bet with my sister, and so I spent $1.29 on iTunes, which was a little upsetting, I must admit. So, with that mentality, maybe we should go back to the techno music, because at least that way work won't have the ability to ruin that shit any further.

No comments: