Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Lessons learned from junior year 2

  • Another important skill I have taken from my junior year is the ability to go whole nights without sleeping; it has come in very handy in all situations.
  • An important, and responsible, revelation I have come to over the course of the years, is that drugs are gross. Dirties that sell them and smoke them and inject them and inhale them and do whatever else you can do with them...they've got problems. I think that I have a general disdain for these illegal substances, but I know a lot of people that like to engage in them, and I can't stop being friends with them because of the horrible, stupid choices they make.
  • Anemia is a disease that never goes away, darn probably should have eaten more meat when I got the chance.
  • My parents wont support me if I get in a small plane and fly around with a complete stranger, (even thought I obviously came out of the experience alive, and it was a great way to spend my first ever plane ride). And so maybe, I should have never told them about it, but they are all into letting me make my own mistakes and not making mountains out of mole hills, so it wasn't that big of a deal. All that happened was that my mom freaked out to my sister and told her that she was so afraid that I could have died, but she never even said anything to me.
  • I have also learned this year that having my sister away at college is way shittier than I thought. Even though we never really got along when I was a kid, as we grew older my sister and I became basically best friends. And quite frankly, my house was really lonely this year, because I'm not particularly fond of the rest of my family. But I guess, a few positive things have still come out of this situation: first, I developed a better relationship with my parents, second my younger sister and I became better friends, and third I got my own car, and she hated me for it.
  • And I also learned that 400 words to write on a blog post is way too many because I really don't have that many things to say. And now I have 30 words to kill and so I will just be talking in circles until I get that far.

No comments: