Saturday, April 11, 2009

Twilight the movie = retarded

Watched Twilight this weekend, and let's be honest, it was awful. It moved way to fast and I was just confused the whole time, and I actually read the book, which is even worse because I watched it at like 3 a.m.; everything is good at 3 a.m.! Here are some of the major problems I had with this stupid movie:
  1. There was simply too much plot crammed into such a short time span for it to have the same effect as the book. Edward hated Bell when he smelled her in biology, and then like a second later he was saying that he didn't think they should be friends anymore--I didn't know that they were. This made the movie move way too fast and it was the most confusing thing of my life, so I really just hated it.
  2. Bella had the most bland personality of my life and her voice was super boring, which made the narration so awful that I could barely stand it. Every time she started to talk, it sort of began to lull me to sleep, because everything she said came out in this stupid monotone voice.
  3. If Edward Cullen is supposed to be the most beautiful man of my life, it's all down here from here. Let's be honest, he wasn't that hod. I can totally make some valid suggestions for people that would have been 100 times better than this clown.
  4. The special effects were troubling; I felt like I was in a 1970s horror film instead of a 2008 drama. This just upset me because they felt the need to put too many effects throughout the movie.

Overall, I guess that this is just one of the things where the movie is never better than the book, and with a book that requires the reader to create so much of their own imagery, it was really a bad idea to put it into such a concrete visual form. I think that girls across the nation, really around the world, visualized the perfection of Edward Cullen in their own terms, and then it was a problem when the media decided to tell them what perfection was. Oh well, though, I guess there's nothing to do...because undoubtedly, I will see the next 18 or whatever movies anyway.

No comments: