Saturday, March 14, 2009

Oh yeah, probably going to Hell now!

This post, I thought I'd make it simple: I'm tired of writing so I'm just going to go ahead and ramble. There will be no elaborate stories or imminent truths, just me talking about stuff. So, here are the reasons that God isn't real:
(to begin, a little mood music)


This post, I thought I'd make it simple: I'm tired of writing so I'm just going to go ahead and ramble. There will be no elaborate stories or imminent truths, just me talking about stuff. So, here are the reasons that God isn't real:
1. Where exactly is Heaven? because if it can't be pointed out on a map, how am I supposed to believe that my soul goes there. And furthermore, where is Hell, because it's a little silly to expect me to believe that there is a place beneath my feet where little red-horned men are hanging out among pits of fire.2. In anatomy, which part would I label my soul? I mean, I probably don't have one because I'm not a Christian, but most people should. How am I supposed to believe that my soul makes a spirit and goes to this elusive Heaven when I die if I can never find my soul? I feel like this is the only thing that Christianity has going for it; the promise that you get to go to Heaven when you die if you've been devout or whatever. So if they can't even definitively promise that to me, why would I hang with them.
3. Who in the heck is God, like where the heck is he? How did he get Mary pregnant (okay that part isn't important at all, but still perplexing, the idea of immaculate conception is way creepy!)? But if I can't even count on God or Jesus or whatever (the distinction between which I still don't understand) what's the point in blindly believing. Yeah, let's all just drink the Kool-Aid why don't we?
4. If God does control all that happens in the world, why is there suffering and famine and junk? I feel like people try to rationalize this by saying that there is some big, master plan and we are all supposed to be humbled by or learn from these experiences, but if I remember correctly, Christians get murdered too. Why wouldn't God just make Earth a total utopia? And if he is real, he's obviously a sick guy, why would I ever follow a guy who gets off by seeing famine. The worst part of this too is that those AIDS victims in Africa, they pray every night that their mom won't die. So Christianity means to tell me that God's just up in Heaven jacking off to this or what? I don't understand why he would prolong the suffering of so many people, because I'm pretty sure that not even the devil is sick enough to devise genocide.
...This post is over, but don't worry, this subject isn't!

No comments: