Monday, March 16, 2009

Oh yeah, probably going to Hell now! (part 3)

Oh my good golly, bashing Christianity is getting so tiring, however, I believe I will digress with my discussion. This is a continuation of two former blog posts, 'Oh yeah, probably going to Hell now!' and 'Oh yeah, probably going to Hell now! (part 2)'.
(and you didn't think I would leave you without reading music, did you?)

9. Why are there more than one religion? If God controls all of our minds, why wouldn't he just brainwash us to all believe the same, correct thing. If he really did want the best for everyone (aka the passage on to Heaven) why am I not a Christian? Does he just like watching disputes between the Catholics and the Protestants? I mean, I guess it must get boring hanging up there in Heaven for forever, literally. Maybe wars and genocide and feuds are like his TV. He just likes watching crazy Tom Cruise try to influence all of Hollywood with weirdo Scientology. I bet that's what I would do if I were God.
10. It bothers me that people put so much weight on God. They just thank God all the time and then they talk about how God helped them and they just pray all the time, but their lives still suck. 'What if God were one of us?' and 'What Would Jesus Do' plague the minds of crazy Christians all the time. So what if God hung with me? It would definitely be slummin' it and it just wouldn't work, because God is just a rich Republican, spitting on him. I mean, legitimately, I know that I probably touched on this point before, but doesn't it bother you when you're driving down the highway or whatever and you see those homeless people hanging out by the underpass with his sign that says like 'Look at me, life has been so sad, but God is helping me through, and then some weirdo Bible passage'. Guess what bucko? As I throw a dollar at your sad feet, it isn't God that's helping you, it's me! So why don't we just stop pretending like the Lord had anything to do with this, and realize that your life still sucks, and if by some slim chance it turns around, it's not going to be any heavenly force.
11. Who is in God's family, because this is pretty tough to figure out. I've never read the Bible, except for in my short stints of Sunday School as a little girl, but seriously, I don't think that they should make this religion so confusing.
...once again, don't worry, there's more, because I honestly have nothing else that I can pull out of my ass (whoops excuse my language!) as well as this.

No comments: