Tuesday, February 3, 2009

My homeless scent sweater

My sister goes to the University of Iowa and sometimes she comes home for the weekend so that she can see her boyfriend or whatever. Yeah it's pretty tite when she comes except for sometimes it is a problem. She was home at the end of her Christmas break about a month ago. While there she saw me wearing a sweater, the same one that I am wearing now, for that matter. She told me that I looked like an old lady in it and proceeded to mock me. This was ridiculous because she is the is the most old person-ish person I have ever met. Like seriously, there is no way one can imagine a 19-year-old as elderly-acting as her. She should probably just be shipped of to a nursing home right now.
But anyway, back to the sweater story. After making fun of my sweater, she walked away and made me very self-conscious. However, I wore that sweater anyway because I didn't really care. However, before she was driven back to college she crept into my room and stole my sweater to take with her to school!
I spent days looking for that shirt, I tore the house apart one morning. However, my efforts were in vain because eventually I realized the only logical conclusion: she took it! So I called her and she told me that she did indeed steal my sweater. I was pissed. She had better bring it back, I threatened.
Anyway so she came back this weekend and, as promised, she brought the sweater. I grabbed it from her hands and held it to me. But wait? What was this odor coming from my sweater? The distinct smell of leaves?
Why on earth would my sweater come back smelling like leaves? I inquired, but my sister just gave a smattering of lame excuses. 'That's just the smell of the washing machine at college.' and 'That must be the smell of someone detergent.' Ok, yeah right, like someone else has creepy homeless person scent to douse their clothing in. I don't think so.
Either way though, my story has a happy ending because I am wearing my sweater now, freshly washed, and smelling of regular detergent. She had better not steal it again.

No comments: