Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Lector, the people-eater

I often wonder the capacity of people to eat things. For instance, the girl sitting next to me in the computer lab right now, and I were just talking about this teacher that we are really afraid of, mostly because we figure she could eat us. And while usually I am not prone to huge exaggerations, this one is true because there is a very real chance that she could swallow me whole.
This is a woman, short in stature, but mighty. Her brash comments frighten everyone and I am usually afraid to go near her, for her jovial nature could switch at any time. Who knows when Godzilla could go berserk and switch to crazy cannibal mode. Let's call this woman Lector. In another connection to pop culture, I would liken the psychosis of Lector to the Flying Purple People Eater.
There is probably no way this this woman could be accurately portrayed. There has never been another person that I have been genuinely afraid to converse with, for fear that I might lose one of my hands.
Yesterday I was supposed to meet her somewhere and, in all fairness, I was 15 minutes late. But that was only because I went to far on the interstate. She called me and was a major jerk about it, which made me afraid to show up at the meeting at all, because I was sure that when she got there, drool would be rolling down her face, a demonic look in her eye. I am lucky I made it out of there.

No comments: